The Recipe for Personal/Financial Success
Do you have the recipe for your Personal and Financial Success?
“As I sit down and start to work, I often panic. I stare at the empty piece of music paper. How can I say that my piece will be ready for performance next January when I do not have a recipe for making it happen?” ~ Lukas Foss Conductor and Professor~
The recipe for making it happen starts with a simple piece of paper. The performance is the act of picking up a pencil and writing the recipe. Every good recipe has key ingredients and the steps to accomplish the end result, something that is edible, enjoyable and complete. This is the most important performance of anyone’s life. Life is most rewarding when the recipe is executed properly and the chef achieves a dish that not only he but countless others will enjoy.
The recipe for Personal and Financial Success has 5 basic ingredients:
- Purpose - Definition: an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.Purpose is the first ingredient to complete anything worth while. When there is a purpose the result is much more rewarding than doing something to make ends meet. A person with purpose is a person that has vision for the end result.
- Drive – Definition: dogged perseverance; resolute tenacity; also written stick-to-it-ive-ness.This is a person that is committed and can eliminate or manage any distraction that may keep them from realizing the desired result, the purpose. “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.” ~Margaret Thatcher~
- Communication – Definition: to give or interchange thoughts, feelings, information, or the like, by writing, speaking, etc.A person that is able to communicate concisely and honestly their purpose, their expectations, their needs have communicated their vision. This ingredient is paramount in the recipe of life.
- Education – Definition: a discipline and development by means of study and learning.The need for knowledge can never end. The person that understands that there is something worth learning on a daily basis will be rewarded ten fold. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” ~Virginia Woolf~
- Listening – Definition: to pay attention.The person that can hear what is being conveyed in conversation and has the ability to digest the information correctly will benefit greatly. In order to make educated, intelligent decisions one must first listen to what is being said or taught.
Now that we’ve listed the ingredients action is required to complete the recipe.
Define your purpose, what do you want to do with your life. Then, stick with it, your drive will motivate you and others. Always communicate your thoughts using every avenue available. Don’t ever forget to stop learning, learn from books, people and most importantly yourself. What you find out may not always make you happy but it’s all part of the continued education. Learn by listening this is a key ingredient to success. Master what other say and how they say it. The emotion, the passion in how people explain their success should be contagious to a good listener. In turn, the emotion and passion will become the catalyst to your Recipe for Personal and Financial Success.
What do you think? Have we missed any ingredients? What is your recipe for personal and financial success?